Applications are now CLOSED.
Looking to work for an exciting, fun, schools work charity with a Christian ethos? Then come and work with us at Christians in Schools Trust. We are currently hiring for 2 FULL-TIME SCHOOLS WORKERS!
FULL/PART TIME SCHOOLS WORKERS
Christians in Schools Trust is an SU Associate Trust that has a thriving ministry amongst schools in the Stockport area. We currently have vacancies for 2 FULL-TIME Schools Workers to join our team.
Our Vision Statement:
• Sharing the relevance of the Christian Faith with young people
• Supporting excellence in Religious Education and Assemblies
• Encouraging Christian communities to support and make a difference in schools
One position will focus on developing relationships with primary schools across Stockport as well as building on the established work of the Trust. The second position will do the same, but with a focus on secondary schools. Please indicate which post you are interested in when applying.
The role includes:
• presenting assemblies and lessons
• developing projects
• supporting & establishing Christian clubs in schools
• supporting volunteers and local churches in linking up with schools
We are looking for candidates who are committed Christians, who can agree with our Basis of Faith (see below) and have a passion for working with and supporting children and young people. Applicants should have relevant skills and experience; be self-motivated (as the majority of the role will be delivered on an individual basis) but able to work well in a team. I.T. literacy is essential. DBS clearance will be required. Experience of working in either primary or secondary schools would be an advantage. Due to the nature of the work it is preferable that applicants have their own transport. A reasonable mileage allowance is paid.
Apply by email to: email@example.com or by post to CIST c/o 8 Highfield Road, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 6NS with:
• a covering letter describing why you feel you would be suitable for the post and what excites you about it
• a completed “Understanding of Faith” questionnaire found on our website www.cist.org.uk
• a copy of your CV outlining your experience and including names of two references.
The trust welcomes applications from individuals interested in a part time/job share post.
Please indicate in your application if you are interested in such a post.
The closing date for applications is 1st July 2018. Interviews will take place in July and it is hoped that employment will begin in September 2018, for an initial period of two years.
If you need further clarification please email Mr. S. Innes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find below:
OUR BASIS OF FAITH
‘For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.’ John 3v16
The Basis of Faith of CiST Trust is a belief in:
- There is one true God who lives eternally in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God is the Creator of all and the Father of all who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We confess Jesus Christ as Lord and God; as truly human, born of the Virgin Mary, without sin, full of grace and truth.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, who died and rose again. He is the Redeemer of the world and the one mediator, through faith, in whom alone we obtain forgiveness of sins.
- The Lord Jesus Christ will return personally in and glory and judgement to establish His kingdom.
- The Old and New Testament are the inspired Word of God, fully trustworthy in all that they affirm for faith and life.