We’ve had a busy week here at Christians in Schools Trust. Here are some of the amazing things we’ve been getting up to:
* Assemblies on Jesus the Prince of Peace for International Day of Peace.
* R.E lessons with Year 7’s at Stockport Academy on the Christian Creation story. We got some great questions (“If God made everything who made God?” “What does God look like?”) and some fun own creation stories, such as the idea that the universe was made by a unicorn falling over a rainbow!
* R.E lessons with Y2 at Abingdon – “Moses as Strong as the Sea” where students got to make their own burning bushes!
* R.E lesson on “Why do people believe in God?” with year 4 at Romiley primary.
* First Journalling club of the new term at Stockport Academy where we learnt about expressing ourselves, and used the creative arts to express our feelings! As always, we are using our trusty Rooted Resource as a guide-along and it’s going well. Next week, black out poetry! Get ready for some psalms!
All of this alongside our regular bookings of clubs, assemblies, and mentoring groups. We’ve been super busy, but want to say a Special Thank you to all our supporters who prayed for our Guardians Club at Abingdon Primary following our prayer requests last week. When Josh arrived to do the first club on Monday, 30 children were waiting eagerly outside the door! So thank you – your prayers really have an impact.
Please pray for Josh, Sarah and Jen as they attend the Scripture Union Local Mission Partners Conference next Monday and Tuesday in Leeds. Please pray that it is a time of growth and inspiration for them.
Please pray for Jen and Sarah as they attend the Prayer Spaces in Schools Event in Chester next Thursday, that they leave inspired with new ideas.
Please pray for the vulnerable year 7 students that we work with, that we can reveal the light of Christ to them and help them feel at home in their new school environment.
Don’t forget about the Renew Prayer Gathering tomorrow night at Houldsworth Mill, Houldsworth Street, SK56DD from 7:30 – 9-pm. Our Trustee, Jo Lawrinson, will be giving a presentation about our work and sharing some prayer activities with you. We hope you enjoy it and feel inspired!
The Christians in Schools Trust Team.