CALL OUT FOR VIDEO VOLUNTEERS
I am doing mental health week in Stockport Academy (10th – 15th of October) and I am making a video for the assemblies. I am looking for volunteers! Are you passionate about reaching children who struggle with mental health? So, do you have a personal mental health journey you could share? Can you stand in front of a camera and hold a sign? Are you around on the 29th of September in Manchester? If the answer to any of those questions is “yes” then I need your help!! You don’t need to be in a certain place, me and my camera will come to you to film a slot for the video, and it shouldn’t take more than half an hour out of your afternoon or evening. (We are not available in the morning) Please email me and let me know if you can get involved in the “Don’t keep it a Secret” project for mental health week.
I am particularly looking for men and young guys to help out, so if you know someone or think you could get involved, please let me know. Let’s remember that the highest suicide rate is among middle aged men. If we can inspire young men to feel open enough to share their troubles and talk about their mental health, then maybe we can change the culture of this nation. Gentlemen, I need your help to do this!! Get in touch.
Why do we need to help?
How else can I get involved?
If you’re not sure being in a video is the right thing for you, then there are other ways to get involved!
- Do you have a youth group or a mid-week youth bible gathering? Maybe we can arrange a visit to your group on the week of the 10th of October to talk more about Jesus and mental health.
- Do you pray? Please pray for us as we will be in schools that week. Please pray for the organisation before, the making of the video, our collaborations with other organisations, and any follow-up projects that come out of it.
- Do you belong to a church that has students at Stockport Academy? If you do and you are a youth worker or church leader, then you might want to come into school with us on a lunch time to help us man the “faith space” we are creating. This space will be available for children and young people to come and chat all week.
- Do you have a social media presence? Then please post about us on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/www.cist.co.uk/) and twitter (@CIST15) with the hashtag, #notasecret
- Do you know someone who does have a story they might want to share? Put them in touch with me. A big part of what we are doing here is showing young people that they are not struggling alone.
And don’t forget to join us at Romiley Life Centre, at 10am on Saturday morning for our prayer meeting. I look forward to seeing you there!
Thank you all!